Hello! Nice to see you again! Did you have a good festive season?
We pretty much went into hibernation from the 24th December to the 2nd January, and it was just what we all needed. We barely left the house, ate lots, watched TV in front of a roaring fire, read books, baked, and slept as much as we could. I’m kind of a little sad to back in the real work after our week long hibernation, but boy, we were so happy to have some good and proper rest.
Some links for you now:
1. Some great news to start with – meet the animal species discovered in 2017, including species scientists had previously presumed extinct.
3. Could the world become uninsurable?
4. Apparently men won’t help save the planet because it’s too girly, and products should be marketed as more, and I quote, “men-vironmentally friendly”. Give me strength.
5. A new rule for 2018 for when you visit any beach. Imagine if we all did this what a difference it would make.
6. Controversial. Quartz say being vegan isn’t as good for humanity as you might think.
7. Donald Trump worryingly can’t tell the difference between weather and climate.
8. An interesting account of a year of no shopping – “The things we buy and buy and buy are like a thick coat of Vaseline smeared on glass: We can see some shapes out there, light and dark, but in our constant craving for what weel may still want, we miss life’s details“.
9. I love Ellen.
10. Why fashion is a feminist issue. A great piece by Mel Wiggins.
Finally, in something new for 2018, I’ve put together a preview video for my upcoming YouTube channel! It was a family affair – I did the filming and my partner (who is a graphic designer and musician) recorded the music, animated my logo for me and did the initial video editing. He’s since taught me basic video editing so I am looking forward to sharing my new found skills with you!
The Moral Fibres YouTube Channel invites you to brew a cup of tea and sit down and have a chat about green stuff with me. Like here on the blog, I’ll be discussing all sorts of aspects of green living, tackling one theme per video, and I’m looking forward to sharing the first video with you soon! I’ll share the first video here, but you can also subscribe to the channel in YouTube so you can always catch each episode.
If there is anything in particular you’d like to see discussed on the channel then do let me know!