Hiya! Good week? We’re in the last throes of the school year (school finishes up for summer on Friday) and I’m half looking forward to not having to be up and out the house so early each day, and half wondering how it’s all going to work with childcare and work. Rather than sit and worry about it all, we packed up our buckets and spades and fishing nets, and spent yesterday at the beach, at my eldest daughter’s request. It wasn’t quite beach weather, but it felt good to walk along the windswept beach and blow the cobwebs away!
Here are this week’s links:
1. Positive and powerful words from Al Gore – “The fight against global warming is one of humanity’s great moral movements, alongside the abolition of slavery, the defeat of apartheid, votes for women and gay rights“.
2. One positive to spring from the hung parliament.
3. Cutting paper waste, one avocado barcode label at a time. I think this is brilliant – I’ve always hated those sticky labels.
4. Sad news for Dormice (just don’t read the comments)
7. Sometimes I am amazed at how people’s brains work, and what they come up with. Case in point.
8. This was an interesting article on how one couple created their own alternative economy.
9. Tea for hot weather. I’ll drink to that.
10. Beautiful cyanotypes from the 1800s. Who knew algae could be so beautiful?
And finally, three things from the Moral Fibres archives you might have missed:
Some useful ethical shopping resources.
Homemade beauty products to make.
Enjoy your Sunday!