Hello! How are you on this fine Sunday?
We are just back from a week’s holiday up north, which was just the tonic I needed. Nature walks, red squirrel spotting, tea and cake in some of my favourite cafes, fairy lochs, and trips up windswept snowy mountains. One week of sheer bliss.
We also took a drive up to Findhorn to play on the beautiful bay there, and then to have a look at the eco houses at the Findhorn Foundation. I have visited before, some 12 years ago as part of a field trip for uni, but it was nice to go back and have a look at our own pace. Pictured above is the beautiful Universal Hall but I also snapped one of the amazing houses made from whisky barrels.
On to this week’s links:
1. “Almost everything we must do to solve climate change happens to solve something else” – an interesting read on why we need to replace angry climate change porn with a positive message.
2. We might be reaching peak carbon pollution, which is good news for the environment.
4. Fun, practical, eco friendly and free – how to make a liner for your compost caddy out of newspaper.
5. A look into the UK’s first zero waste restaurant, in Brighton.
6. Does renting clothes signal the end for our wardrobes? Probably not, but it might encourage us to buy fewer clothes which is only a good thing!
7. I’m showing my support for the introduction of a plastic bottle deposit return scheme across the UK.
8. Some good news about clothes waste.
9. Ever wondered what space sounds like? Wonder no more, NASA has you covered (spoiler: it’s pretty spooky).
10. It also turns out NASA are pretty good with pumpkins too.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!