Hello! How are you? It’s snowy here, the fire’s lit and our slow cooker is cooking up tonight’s dinner, which all sounds very cosy until I add the fact that three out of the four of us are nursing a flu type virus. It’s put a delay on my first YouTube video but rest assured, once we’re better it’ll be up on my channel!
On to this weeks links:
1. Iceland (the supermarket, not the country!) has vowed to eliminate plastic on all it’s own-branded products within 5 years. Go Iceland!
2. Related: the plastic free shops showing the big brands how to do it was a positive read, especially the observations that it’s no longer only committed environmentalists who are shopping there. Is plastic free going mainstream? I can only hope so!
2. This guide to the urban woman’s guide to going green is a great read. Rather than the usual ideas, it was full of surprising suggestions, from switching to an eco hairdresser, to biodegradable vibrators (!) and more.
3. Another useful read is Besma’s piece on nine easy ways to get into ethical fashion, if it’s something you are struggling with.
4. Fear or hope? What outlook do you prefer?
5. Schools around the world are teaching kids how to spot fake news.
6. Handy: a guide to the best vegan beauty brands.
8. It’s been a tough winter for birds, so if you have a garden here’s what to feed birds in the winter.
9. I was struggling to find the words to describe this video on onesie wearing sloths. Then I saw that someone had left a comment under the video that described it perfectly – “this is the most beautifully pure and heart warming video ever and I almost want to cry over how lovely it is“. Nail on the head.
10. Finally, make gardening more sociable by taking part in this year’s Secret Seed Swap. Sign up for the swap by 31st January, and send some seeds in a decorative packet to a mystery recipient for them to grow in their own garden. I’ve just signed up!
Before I sign off, if you follow Moral Fibres on Facebook then Facebook will soon be rolling out changes to the newsfeed that prevents you from seeing Moral Fibres posts as regularly, if at all. If you would like to make sure you don’t miss any of our posts, then do the following.
1. Go to the Moral Fibres facebook page.
2. Hover over ‘Following’ or ‘Liked’ near the cover photo
3. Select ‘See First’
Alternatively, you can bypass Facebook and sign up to the Moral Fibres mailing list – I’ll email you every fortnight or so with links to all the articles and exclusive content. You can also follow along on Twitter and Instagram.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Look after yourself and see you next week!