Health & Beauty

Health & Beauty, Life & Style

Review: Naked Products

naked review

naked review

After my post on eco-friendly shampoo and conditioners the lovely people at Naked got in touch with me and asked me if I’d like to try some other products from their range of bodycare items.

A few days later I received a parcel containing some lovely Naked goodies: their cheekily named Love Me Naked Body Wash, and their Leave-In Conditioner.  I’ve been using these for about a month now and thought I’d report back on my findings:


The Love Me Naked Rose Body Wash smells divine, like turkish delight, but not in an overpowering chemical way.  It’s light and delicate and felt like a luxury bathing product despite it’s £3.99 price tag.  As it doesn’t contain sodium laureth sulfate it doesn’t foam up in a big way, like it’s chemical laden counterparts, however it creates enough foam to feel squeaky clean.

My skin is quite sensitive to some types of body wash, but it hasn’t irritated it in the slightest, and leaves it feeling really soft, which is a big win for me!  Top marks are also awarded as it’s vegan and veggie friendly, and 97% natural.  Naked say the remaining 3% are necessary things such as preservatives to stop the body wash going off immediately after opening and emulsifying agents to stop ingredients from separating. I don’t mind this 3%, however they do say that some of our products are in fact 99.5% natural as they didn’t need as much help to behave.


I have quite fine hair that’s prone to oiliness, so I was a bit hesitant about using their leave-in conditioner.  I normally use Naked’s regular conditioner for oily hair, which works a treat, so I put my trust in it and gave it a go.  Although I don’t dye my hair, I do heat style my hair, and I have to wash it every other day, so I do put it through the mill and inevitably I do get dry ends.  I’ve just been using the leave-in conditioner sparingly on the ends of my hair (whilst damp), and it’s left my hair soft and smooth, and although it’s been a few months since my last haircut I don’t seem to have many split ends.

Because I use so little the tube still feels full and at this rate it’s going to last quite a long time, making it, at £4.99, exceptionally good value!  It’s vegetarian and vegan friendly, and like all Naked products it’s 97% natural, and silicone free.

Apparently curly-haired ladies go mad for this conditioner, for it frizz-fighting properties.  I can’t vouch for this sadly, but I would imagine it would do the job!


Disclosure: Naked sent me some products to review, as always all words and opinions are my own.  See my disclosure policy for more information.

Health & Beauty, Life & Style

Affordable Eco Friendly Shampoo and Conditioner

eco friendly shampoo conditioner uk

Let’s talk eco friendly shampoo and conditioner today.

First things first, let it be known that there are things I balk at spending money on.  Shampoo and conditioner are two of them: if it’s more than £6 then I’m out.

There are lots of lovely sounding eco-friendly shampoos and conditioners out there, all paraben and sodium laureth sulphate free with natural ingredients, that cost upwards of £10.  For me, would be a pretty extravagant luxury.

However there are a few really good eco-friendly shampoo and conditioner brands out there though that won’t break the bank, ruin your hair or compromise your eco credentials.  I thought I’d share my three tried and tested affordable eco friendly favourites with you today.

Eco Friendly Shampoo and Conditioner

eco friendly shampoo conditioner uk

Faith in Nature

I’m a fan of Faith in Nature range* of shampoos and conditioners, especially the Grapefruit and Orange shampoo* (£5.50) and conditioner* (£5.35).  With a natural and refreshing citrus scent, it sorts out my fine slightly oily hair no end.   All Faith in Nature products contain naturally derived ingredients, no synthetic additives, and are free from animal testing.  On top of that, almost all Faith in Nature products are vegan-friendly too.


For some reason, my hair behaves best when I rotate which shampoo I use, so at the moment I’m currently using the Naked range.  My favourite is the Silky Shampoo (£3.99) and Conditioner (£3.99).  It doesn’t weigh my hair down or make it greasy after a day like some shampoos do, and the scent is nice and light.

Naked say their products are 97% natural – the remaining 3% being things like preservatives and emulsifiers to prolong the life of their products.  All Naked products are free of sodium laureth sulphates, parabens and petrochemicals.

Another plus point is that all of their bottled products are made from already recycled plastic.Some products aren’t vegan-friendly (like the shampoo) so do check if you’re vegan.

UPDATE 23/11/14 – sadly the Naked range appears to be no longer available.


I’m also a fan of the Weleda Calendula range.  The Calendula Shampoo and Bodywash* (£7.50) (which I reviewed here) is designed for babies and works great on my daughter, but quite often I use it on my hair too, and I find it leaves it really soft and shiny.

It’s 100% natural, organic, petrochemical free and vegan, and smells nice too – all of the good things basically.  Although I am cheating here, as this comes in at £7.50 a bottle, I’ve found it’s quite often on offer in Boots – often at 25% off or available on a 3 for 2 offer, so I always stock up!

Do you have a favourite eco-friendly shampoo or conditioner?  I’d love to hear!

ps: It goes without saying that these genuinely are the products I use and love and buy out of my own money.  The internet can be funny sometimes about product recommendations, and it can be difficult to know what to trust, so I just wanted to point this out.