Hello! How’s it going? I took a wee break last week – it was school holidays so I was adventuring with my kids. We headed west, spend some time with my family and generally had a lovely time. The site also broke so I had to put my technical hat on and try and fix it. You may notice things look ever so slightly different – let me know if anything isn’t working for you!
This week’s links!
1. This was the best thing I’ve read this week – the big problem with climate storytelling and how to fix it.
“If climate change were an asteroid, alien invasion or Hans Gruber type baddie we’d know exactly what to throw at it (Bruce Willis in all cases). The narrative wheels would start turning as we slotted ourselves neatly into a heroic plot track. This is the new climate story we desperately need. Of overcoming the odds rather than being overwhelmed by them“.
2. The Co-Op is to replace 5p plastic carrier bags with compostable bags, that you can reuse for food waste, within weeks.
3. Iceland is also scrapping plastic bags for bananas, selling them in recycled paper instead. The eagle-eyed amongst you will notice you even get one banana free!
4. An interesting read from Sophie Benson – sustainability has gone mainstream: let’s discuss.
7. Trees gone bad.
8. What do generation X and Y worry about the most? Not money, not housing, or avocados, but climate change.
10. Finally, further reason to dislike fossil fuel companies, in case you were looking for one more thing to add to your list!
Have a great Sunday!
PS: catch up on the 9th September post here, in case you missed it.