Hello! How’s it going? I am having a quiet weekend – the rest of September is a busy one for me so I’m lying low whilst I get the chance (introverts unite!). I might get as far as the garden centre for a look at some plants for my garden, but that’s definitely as wild as it’s going to get around here!
Here are this week’s links:
1. “Look, I hate to break it to you: we are doomed. That has nothing to do with climate change, and everything to do with the simple fact of being alive. But we have a choice about what to do to this wonderful place we inhabit for a short, miraculous time” – a wonderfully great read on taking action on climate change in spite of what the media is saying at the moment.
2. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there’s plastic in your beer.
3. With that bombshell, be thankful that Norway has a radical approach to plastic pollution, and it’s working.
4. How do you define ‘meat’? Should meat-free products be marketed as meat? The state of Missouri wants to ban meat-free products being given meaty sounding names on the grounds of false advertising.
7. Related: this statue of politicians discussing climate change hits the nail on the head.
8. You’d eat too if you were asleep for this long. Properly mind-boggling stuff.
9. Science is incredible. This heart in a jar could end the need for testing drugs on animals.
10. Finally, scientists have decreed that capitalism is dying.
Enjoy your weekend – let me know if yours is more exciting than mine!
PS: Catch up with last week’s post here, in case you missed it. It’s a good one!