Hiya! How have you been? I missed a week last week. Life!
What have you been up? I have been up to all sorts. All sorts. I started this week by touring a nuclear power station for work purposes. I’m not pro nuclear by any means, but it was incredibly fascinating to see the reactors, turbines, and control rooms. Sadly I couldn’t take my phone in to get any photos so you’ll just have to take my word for it!
On to this weekend’s links:
1. H&M has been accused of incinerating 60 tons of recyclable garments in a Danish TV investigation. H&M has refuted the claims.
2. Don’t let perfection be the enemy – an enlightening TedX talk on zero waste from Lindsey Miles.
3. Related: a petition to stop supermarkets selling raw fruit and vegetables in plastic packaging.
4. One in six young people won’t wear an outfit again if it’s been seen on social media. Is it hardly a surprise when the media call wearing the clothes in your wardrobe ‘recycling‘? Filed under things that infuriate me.
5. Something useful to share this festive period – Give As You Live – where every time you shop online at your favourite stores you can raise free donations for the charity of your choice, at no cost to you.
7. A new ethical fashion blog I’m following along with interest.
8. I adore this community art project. I’m wondering if my neighbours would object to me doing this to the side of my house!
9. Related: I found the cutest bird boxes ever*. Bonus: they are all for sale!
10. Finally, it turns out Instagram is the worst social media for mental health. A reminder that it’s ok to delete any apps or unfollow any accounts that don’t make you feel good.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! We are taking our kids to see Santa tomorrow. I know, I know, it’s not even December yet, and yes I completely agree with your disdain, but somehow every weekend in our December is already accounted for (it’s birthday season, anniversary season, party season and every other season the month can throw at us). I’m keeping my fingers crossed it all goes well – when you’re not quite two Santa can be a little scary!
ps: I am sending out some exciting news this week and newsletter subscribers will be the first to hear! Sign up using the pop up box if you haven’t already signed up!