Hello! Nice to see you again! How was your week? I have been enjoying the beautiful sunny and warm weather we’ve experienced this week up here near Edinburgh – it’s been so good to top up my somewhat depleted vitamin D levels. Whilst the weather has been so lovely I’ve been hanging out in parks with my littlest, running races and kicking piles of leaves, and just generally soaking up this incredibly sweet stage of toddlerhood (21 months). Can’t they just stay this little forever?
This week’s links:
1. Whoop whoop – pub chain Wetherspoons announced they are stopping using plastic straws!
2. I was going to say you’ll not believe what scientists found at the arctic, but it’s all too believable sadly.
3. The father works in the fossil fuel industry, the son works in renewable energy. How do they manage to get a along? This short video is a great watch.
4. How to choose wisely. I feel like I need to memorise this article!
5. Fiona wrote about 10 things that have changed since she went vegan 10 years ago, and I found this an enjoyable read.
7. It’s time to practice, not preach, on zero waste fashion say the Huffington Post.
8. Blue dogs have been spotted in Mumbai, and sadly industrial waste is to blame.
10. Oprah is keen gardener. Who knew?!
Finally, three things from the Moral Fibres archives you might have missed:
Have a relaxing Sunday! We will no doubt be re-watching Sing at some point today. Have you seen it? If you have kids then I recommend it highly! And happy October! That sure came about quickly!
PS: In case you missed it, do catch up with the 24th September Ten Things post.