Hello hello! How you doing? We had a beautiful day of sunshine here in Edinburgh, and now my head is awash with thoughts of spring. Snow is forecast for next weekend so best make the most of the sunshine whilst it’s here!
This weekend’s links:
1. It takes how much water to make one t-shirt? Holy moly.
2. The lazy girl’s guide to being sustainable. Big ups to Harpers Bazaar for this piece.
3. Celebrating Easter next week? I found some delicious sounding plastic-free Easter eggs. If you want all Easter egg manufacturers to go plastic-free then Friends of the Earth have a petition for that.
4. Got 15 minutes? Listen to one of my favourites, Adam Buxton, talk about environmentalism in this thought-provoking piece for BBC Radio 4. George Monbiot even pops up in there too. Here’s the blurb – “Modern environmentalism is well-meaning but horribly muddled. We diligently wipe out yoghurt pots and despair over plastic bottles…. yet jet off on holidays, buy new cars and pop out another kid, or three. We install solar panels but eat imported guava. Replace our lightbulbs, but bin our batteries. Do we have any idea which strategies are actually effective? Does anything work? Adam Buxton digs down into our approach to saving the planet to see if anything makes sense”.
5. Friendship goals.
6. An interesting read on why we shouldn’t overlook the needs of disabled people when trying to phase out plastic.
7. Not sure what to do with your old tights? I’ve found a recycling service just for tights. Downside: you have to post them to Sweden, but on the upside, your holey tights get a new lease of life.
8. These extinct bird costumes are stunning.
9. Whilst on the topic of birds: chickens!
10. This Instagram account is such a ray of sunshine.
Have a lovely Sunday!