Struggling to buy the perfect ethical gift for your loved one? Try my ideas for eco-friendly gifts for outdoorsy people, packed full of clever, practical, and sustainable ideas.
Today I’ve got some great ideas for Christmas gifts for the outdoors enthusiast in your life. From outdoor clothing to outdoor accessories, and books for wannabe outdoorsy people that all make great gifts.
As always products have been selected for their eco-friendly (EF) or ethical (EF) provenance. They have also chosen to be long-lasting and to hopefully be well-loved and used gifts. What’s more, they are all from UK-based retailers that pay tax (i.e. not Amazon!).
Ethical Gifts for Outdoorsy People
1. This fleece jumper (£50, EF, FT) from Patagonia is made from 85% recycled polyester. It will certainly keep your loved ones cosy on all their outdoor adventures.
2. If camping is their thing, then this Swedish Fire Steel (£13.50, EF) from Military Mart is great for camping trips. No longer do you need to carry a plastic lighter, or fill it up with lighter fluid – just use your fire steel, Ray Mears style! My partner has one and loves it!
3. If cycling is more their thing, then this unisex cycle commuter jacket by Veleco (£75, EF, FT) is made from 12 recycled plastic bottles. Not only will it keep them warm and dry, but it is also super sustainable.
4. This camera bag (£36.60, EF) from Urban Factory is made from recycled plastics, making it a great gift for photographers or budding photographers. It’s ideal for keeping their camera safe whilst out and about.
5. The Genesis 2 sleeping bag (£90, EF) from Rab is made from 100% recycled materials, and is a great all-season sleeping bag.
6. The Thrifty Forager (£13.49, EF) by Alys Fowler is the perfect book for anyone interested in foraging for local food, as well as recipe suggestions for what to do with your finds.
More Ethical Gift Ideas
As well as these ethical gift ideas for outdoorsy people, do check out my other gift guides:
- Christmas gift ideas for foodies
- Some Christmas gift ideas for homebodies
- Christmas gift ideas for style lovers
- And more Christmas gift ideas for style lovers
I also have more gift ideas coming soon, so do keep your eyes peeled!
Main image from here