Ready for some autumnal ethical clothing inspiration?
Come the end of summer I always like to take a good look at my wardrobe. I remove what clothes didn’t work for me over the summer and donate or sell them. I also pop the summer things I still love into storage ready for next summer. And then I pull out the colder weather clothes I stored away.
My favourite thing about getting my cold weather clothes out of storage is that you always feel like you have been reunited with a long lost friend.
For the last few years, I’ve had a bit of a love affair with cord (see exhibit A and exhibit B). This autumn I have been reunited with my favourite cord dresses. I’ve also been reunited with some of my cosiest cardigans, which all in all makes for a very happy Wendy.
Whilst my favourites are all old and no longer available, I have found some lovely pieces that I would snap up in a heartbeat. Therefore, if you are after some cord and cardigan based ethical clothing inspiration, as well as a couple of other lovely autumnal pieces, then here you go!
Autumnal Ethical Clothing Inspiration
1. This navy Nomads number* is pretty similar to my navy cord dress (exhibit B!). I’d pair it with the top pictured below it to brighten it up a little. .
2. Is there anything better come autumn than wrapping up in a cosy cardigan? This Celtic and Co beauty fits the bill just perfectly.
3. I love the pretty colours in this Thought Clothing hemp top*. It’s pretty much perfect for pairing with the cord pinafore dress. However, it could also be paired with jeans, trousers, and skirts for multi-purpose dressing.
4. This Thought Clothing dress* isn’t made of cord (just to keep you on your toes!). Instead, it’s made of sustainable hemp. With some tights and brogues or boots, this is perfect autumnal workwear.
5. Another cord dress! This petrol colouredPeople Tree one* is another beauty.
I'm Wendy and welcome to Moral Fibres, a UK based eco blog. I'm a sustainability expert, and my aim is to make sustainability simple, by researching and writing on all things environmental - from product guides to breaking down big ideas - so you don't have to.
As well as the blog I've also written a book on natural cleaning - Fresh Clean Home is out now!
Want to know more? Check out the about page for more information or explore the archives using the category tabs above.