Come the end of summer I always like to take a good look at my wardrobe. I remove what clothes didn’t work for me over the summer and donate or sell them, put the summer things I still love into storage ready for next summer, and then pull out the colder weather clothes I stored away.
My favourite thing about getting my cold weather clothes out of storage is that you always feel like you have been reunited with a long lost friend.
For the last few years, I’ve had a bit of a love affair with cord (see exhibit A and exhibit B), and this autumn I have been reunited with my favourite cord dresses. I’ve also been reunited with some of my cosiest cardigans, which all in all makes for a very happy Wendy.
Whilst my favourites are all old and no longer available, I have found some lovely pieces that I would snap up in a heartbeat, so if you are after some cord and cardigan based inspiration, and a couple of other lovely autumnal pieces here you go!
1. This navy Nomads number is pretty similar to my navy cord dress (exhibit B!). I’d pair it with the top pictured below it to brighten it up a little. Get 8% off until September 30th with code 8BGPB.
2. Is there anything better come autumn than wrapping up in a cosy cardigan? This Celtic and Co beauty fits the bill just perfectly. Get 10% off and free delivery with code WCPCM18.
3. I love the pretty colours in this Thought Clothing hemp top. It’s pretty much perfect for pairing with the cord pinafore dress, but could also be paired with jeans, trousers and skirts for multi-purpose dressing.
4. This Thought Clothing dress isn’t made of cord (just to keep you on your toes!) – instead, it’s made of sustainable hemp. With some tights and brogues or boots, this is perfect autumnal workwear.
5. Another cord dress! This petrol colouredPeople Tree one is another beauty.
6. Finally, yet another cord dress. This plum cord dress from Nomads is making it’s way on to my wishlist. It’s also available in mustard, should you prefer a brighter colour palette. Again, 8% off until 30th September with code 8BGPB.
I'm Wendy and welcome to Moral Fibres, a green lifestyle blog. I believe that sustainable living should be hip, not hippie. Here you'll find all sorts of easy hints and tips here for living a greener life that won't compromise your sense of style.
As well as the blog I've also written a book on natural cleaning - Fresh Clean Home was published on 1st February 2018!
Want to know more? Check out the about page for more information or explore the archives using the category tabs above.