Looking for plastic-free February resources? Right this way – I’ve got lots!
It’s Plastic-Free February, so in honour of this, I’ve been rummaging through the Moral Fibres archives, and dusting off and updating old posts. All with the aim of bringing you a list of potentially useful plastic-free February resources, if like me, you are trying to take steps to reduce your plastic usage.
I feel my hands are kind of tied food-wise, as we have zero bulk shops around where I live in West Lothian. If you have one, or several, in your area then do count your lucky stars! Despite this, I still try my best, where budget allows (plastic-free toilet paper – why are you so eye-wateringly expensive?? £1 a roll would bankrupt my family of four!). I also keep lobbying manufacturers and supermarkets to introduce plastic-free goods. They love me!
Plastic-Free February Resources
Despite this, I’ve been able to make some progress. Here are my plastic-free February resources that I’ve come up with over the years:
The Plastic-Free Kitchen
- Eco-friendly alternatives to cling film to help you stop buying the plastic stuff.
- How to make your own beeswax food wraps.
- There’s plastic in your tea – and plastic-free alternatives to teabags.
- How to dry mint leaves for tea – I’m still working my way through my batch from summer.
- You can still have your crisps and eat them with this seriously tasty zero waste crisps recipe
- Skip the bagged salad – here’s how to grow snow pea shoots indoors for the princely sum of 13p.
Plastic-Free Health & Beauty
- How to minimise your use of plastic in the bathroom – updated for 2018!
- How to make reusable cotton wool pads – say bye-bye to disposable wipes or single-use cotton wool pads!
- Eco friendly alternatives to glitter if you just can’t live in a world without glitter.
- How to have an eco-friendly period
- Plastic-Free Bathroom Supplies & Toiletries
General Plastic-Free Living
- How to use reusable nappies – they’re not as scary, difficult or yucky as you might think!
- Surprising items that contain plastic – chewing gum anyone?
- How to stop junk mail – that barrage of unwanted plastic that comes through our doors every day.
Are you taking part in plastic-free February? If so, do share with me your top plastic-free tips, or what hurdles you’ve encountered, or any other useful advice!