Today I’ve got some great ideas for Christmas gifts for the outdoors enthusiast in your life.
As always products have been selected for their eco-friendly (EF) or ethical (EF) provenance, and have chosen to be long-lasting and will hopefully be well loved and used gifts, all from UK based retailers that pay tax (i.e. not Amazon!).
1. This fleece jumper (£50) from Patagonia is made from 85% recycled polyester. (EF, FT).
2. This Swedish Firesteel (£13.50) from Military Mart is great for camping trips. No longer do you need to carry a plastic lighter, or fill it up with lighter fluid – just use your firesteel, Ray Mears style! (EF)
3. This unisex cycle commuter jacket by Veleco (£75) is made from 12 recycled plastic bottles (EF, FT).
4. This camera bag (£36.60) from Urban Factory is made from recycled plastics, and great for keeping your camera safe whilst out and about.
5. The Genesis 2 sleeping bag (£90) from Rab is made from 100% recycled materials, and is a great all-season sleeping bag.
6. The Thrifty Forager (£13.49) by Alys Fowler is the perfect book for anyone interested in foraging for local food, as well as recipe suggestions for what to do with your finds. (EF)
Do check out my other gift guides:
More coming soon!
Main image from here