Hey! How’s it going? We have had some early starts and late nights this week, so are all feeling the need for a nice quiet weekend to relax and recharge our batteries. I am not particularly crafty but I have some macrame to finish and some air drying clay to play with, and that’s as busy as it’s going to get! Last of the great rock and rollers over here!
This weekend’s links:
1. How do high street brands talk about sustainability? This was an interesting read from the Good Shopping Guide – “As high street brands increasingly get better at the ethical stuff they are faced with the dilemma remains of how best to talk about it… Whistles and Fat Face are right up there in the 80 percentiles, and even H&M and New Look sit side-by-side with the adventurer lover’s favourite Patagonia. But are these brands shouting about it? Not really“.
2. I am intrigued to try banana skin curry.
3. This map shows all of London’s rivers, minus the city, and it’s truly fascinating.
4. Looking to have a green Hallow e’en? This guide has you covered.
5. Pret a Manger is to sell reusable bottles of water, and install refill stations, alongside bottles of water, in order to understand if customers will choose to refill a bottle rather than buying a a new plastic bottle.
6. Related: four solutions to the disposable coffee cup problem.
7. Rather intrigued by wooden nails. Also, don’t they look pretty?
8. More bad news for the bees this week.
9. Frustrations with vegan fashion. The case for vegan fashion isn’t so clear cut.
10. Will you be wearing kelp any time soon?
I am making a few little changes to the Moral Fibres mailing list, so if you want to be a part of it then be sure to sign up. You will receive a fortnightly email with all the latest content from the site, and exclusive news and content, so do sign up below! The first one will be going out very shortly!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
PS: In case you missed it, do catch up on 8th October’s Ten Things.