Hello! Have you had a good week? I’ve had a bit of a busy one, so I’m relishing in having a quiet weekend with nothing really planned except for a bit of writing and a bit of allotment pottering. I’m sitting writing this post whilst the rain pitter patters on my window, with a cup of tea at my side and some Beach House on. My youngest is having a nap, and my eldest is reading, and it’s not a bad way to spend a quiet Saturday. If I can fit a nap for myself in later then all the better: it’s that kind of day!
If you’re in a lazing around kind of mood too, then here are some good things I read this week, that you might like:
1. If you read one thing this weekend make it this article. A beautifully written but terribly sad true story about slavery in 20th century America that I couldn’t put down.
3. So helpful – cruelty free logos explained.
4. Related – ethical clothing parlance explained.
5. Tesla just announced solar roof tiles, with an ‘infinity’ warranty, which they say are cheaper than conventional roof tiles. I have to say they are pretty cool. I’ll certainly be following along with interest.
6. Trouble sleeping? Maybe you just need to go on a weekend camping trip?
7. Forgotten cycle paths – rediscovered and in need of support.
8. Anna Jones does vegetarian food so well. I am planning on making this delicious looking jersey royal and tomato bake this week.
9. This article had me out of nowhere wanting to open up my own shop…!
10. As it’s coming up to wedding season, I thought this was an interesting read on wedding gifts.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
PS: And in case you missed it, do catch up on the 14th May Ten Things post to stay up to date on all your environmental news.