Hiya! What’s new with you? Good week? Mine flew past, but come Friday I
This week’s links:1. The big news this week is that the EU has approved a ban on single-use plastics. The UK will have to incorporate the rules into national law if the ban becomes a fully-fledged directive before the end of a Brexit transition period, so here’s hoping they can move faster than we can with Brexit.
3. A really great piece of journalism, investigating a note found inside a Walmart purse, implying forced Chinese
4. Why you might want to avoid Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge, Burton, Wallis and other high street stores owned by the Arcadia group.
5. This 15 year old is my new hero. Maybe she’s yours too?
“Some people say that we should study to become climate scientists so that we can “solve the climate crisis”. But the climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we need to do is to wake up and change“.
7. David Byrne is one of my
8. In related news, here’s a summary of what went right between July and September.
9. Hallowe’en’s a coming! This year we’re being urged not to throw out our pumpkins in a bid to prevent ghoulish food waste.
10. Finally, I am running a great giveaway over on Instagram. Hop on over and take part – entries close tomorrow (Monday!). Good luck!
ps: In case you missed it, catch up on 21st October’s post here.