A few days later I received a parcel containing some lovely Naked goodies: their cheekily named Love Me Naked Body Wash, and their Leave-In Conditioner. I’ve been using these for about a month now and thought I’d report back on my findings:
The Love Me Naked Rose Body Wash smells divine, like turkish delight, but not in an overpowering chemical way. It’s light and delicate and felt like a luxury bathing product despite it’s £3.99 price tag. As it doesn’t contain sodium laureth sulfate it doesn’t foam up in a big way, like it’s chemical laden counterparts, however it creates enough foam to feel squeaky clean.
My skin is quite sensitive to some types of body wash, but it hasn’t irritated it in the slightest, and leaves it feeling really soft, which is a big win for me! Top marks are also awarded as it’s vegan and veggie friendly, and 97% natural. Naked say the remaining 3% are necessary things such as preservatives to stop the body wash going off immediately after opening and emulsifying agents to stop ingredients from separating. I don’t mind this 3%, however they do say that some of our products are in fact 99.5% natural as they didn’t need as much help to behave.
I have quite fine hair that’s prone to oiliness, so I was a bit hesitant about using their leave-in conditioner. I normally use Naked’s regular conditioner for oily hair, which works a treat, so I put my trust in it and gave it a go. Although I don’t dye my hair, I do heat style my hair, and I have to wash it every other day, so I do put it through the mill and inevitably I do get dry ends. I’ve just been using the leave-in conditioner sparingly on the ends of my hair (whilst damp), and it’s left my hair soft and smooth, and although it’s been a few months since my last haircut I don’t seem to have many split ends.
Because I use so little the tube still feels full and at this rate it’s going to last quite a long time, making it, at £4.99, exceptionally good value! It’s vegetarian and vegan friendly, and like all Naked products it’s 97% natural, and silicone free.
Apparently curly-haired ladies go mad for this conditioner, for it frizz-fighting properties. I can’t vouch for this sadly, but I would imagine it would do the job!
Disclosure: Naked sent me some products to review, as always all words and opinions are my own. See my disclosure policy for more information.