Recently a Moral Fibres reader on Twitter (you can follow along here) asked me if I had any ladies ethical workwear recommendations. To help her out, and anyone else interested in women’s ethical clothing for the office, I’ve put together some of my favourite ethical workwear pieces below. I personally tend to wear a lot of dresses to work because I find it quicker and easier in the mornings than picking out a matching top and trousers or skirt. Maybe that’s just me!
As always, I’ve picked out ethical workwear pieces that are style classics, rather than adhering to specific trends:
1. Polka Dot Dress – £48 – Annie Greenabelle make some stunning ethical clothing, including some gorgeous ethical dresses. I find some of their clothes a bit too young for my taste (I’m over 30), but I do have a soft spot for this dress, which is smart enough for work.
2. Boucle Dress – £65 – Another Annie Greenabelle dress which wouldn’t look out of place in the office.
3. Nomads Tunic Dress – £49.95 – The dress from Nomads is really pretty, and office appropriate.
4. Baroque Dress from People Tree – £85 – This People Tree dress (featured above) is beyond beautiful. Expensive, yes, but versatile and always in style. You can save 10% off of your order from People Tree if you sign up for their mailing list, which works out at quite a good saving, and you get free delivery too on orders over £70.
5. Grey Mid Heels – £81 – These Beyond Skin vegan heels are perfect for work – not too high, easy to walk in, and will go with anything.
1. Breton Top* – £59 – I’ve featured this Mudd & Water top at Fashion Conscience before as I think it’s just perfect. It’s smart enough for wearing with trousers or skirts, and can be worn with jeans at weekends.
2. Linen Trousers – £47 – These organic linen trousers from Komodo are smart and office friendly. Komodo also have a selection of ethical trousers in other colours and styles that would also be office appropriate, and are the smartest ethical trousers I’ve come across so far.
3. White Blouse – £55 – This blouse from People Tree is smart without being boring or bland, and the silver bead detailing on the collar brings with it a tiny bit of glamour.
4. Chinos* – £59 – These Mudd & Water chinos, available at Fashion Conscience, are perfect for dressing up for work, and dressing down for the weekend, and look so comfortable.
5. Jacquard Skirt – £58 – This People Tree skirt is smart, pretty and perfect with boots for the autumn and winter or shoes for spring and summer.
6. Oxford Lace Ups – £81 – These beauties, again from Beyond Skin, are pretty much the perfect shoe!
And there you have it – my ethical ladies clothing picks for work or the office. Of course, there are always charity shops, Oxfam’s online store if you don’t fancy rummaging through racks, and eBay (remember my eBay shopping tips!) if you’re looking to update your ethical work wardrobe for less.
NB: * denotes the use of affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more details.